Please join us for a 3 hour in-depth tour and training session focused on growing a tremendous amount of food on a small amount of land. This will take place at "Edible Acres Too", our private residence and home at 1175 Ellis Hollow road just a few miles east of downtown Ithaca (details and parking instructions provided to registrants via email)
We've been establishing intensive garden production spaces, high tunnels and other season extension tools, a chicken yard for fresh eggs and much more for just three years on this property and are excited to share with you our process. The goal of this session will be to help you feel very empowered and equipped to take our low cost, low tech, and easy to implement techniques home with you for your own tiny backyard or chunk of land.
We will cover:
- Establishing and refining deep, fertile, beautiful raised beds that cost little to nothing to build
- Our 25 chicken operation that uses food scraps and waste grain and generates massive amounts of compost
- Our high tunnel, cold frames and bed hoops for deep season extension
- Basic techniques for saving seed and propagating
- How to maximize production of food in small spaces
- Design and use of rain water collection for 100% of garden and chicken needs (even in drought!)
- Human scale techniques for building huge amounts of organic matter and rich soils
- and a whole lot more!
This workshop costs $50 and includes an incredible home cooked meal made almost entirely from foods and herbs from our gardens to celebrate what it means to grow where you live! People on fixed income, food stamps and/or medicaid pay sliding scale $20-$40, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org to explain why you need to come for free or for barter and we'll be happy to work it out with you... Please don't feel too shy to ask!
SORRY, WE'RE ALL FULL... Please check out our future events and be sure to register early since we've been filling up!
Space is limited so register early.
Carpooling is incredibly important. We expect everyone who registers to at least try to carpool. Gas is no joke! Please use this link to make it very easy... https://www.groupcarpool.com/t/vnoikp